Requirements & Rules
Mandatory Race Gear
This is the list of safety gear you need to carry with you during the race. If you are missing an item during a gear check you will be disqualified or not allowed to start.
- Ability to carry at least 40 oz of water
- Light-weight jacket
- Emergency blanket
Due to the remote, mountain environment and challenging aspect of this course, it is required to have completed at least a 50K race prior to race day. You will enter a link to your previous 50K results during the registration process.
We’ve been very fortunate to have been granted permission to hold this race in a sensitive but beautiful environment.
- Any runner who litters on the course will automatically be disqualified from this race and future races. Any litter left on the course may jeopardize our ability to continue to host events on public trail systems. We recommend that you carry an extra baggie to stash small wrappers and gel tabs that can easily be dropped by accident.
- Be respectful of other users of the Monument before, during and after the race. Step aside if you come upon a hiker/biker on the trail.
- You must carry the listed mandatory gear throughout the race.
- Dogs are not allowed on the course by participants.
- No bushwacking or short cutting.
- The aid stations are cupless. Bring your own cup or drinking vessel if you want to take liquid aid from the aid stations. You can refill bladders and bottles. Read more about Go Beyond Racing going cupless