Welp. Sigh. We write this on Friday May 8th, the day after Oregon’s Governor announced the extension of a ban of sporting events and of gatherings of 25 or more people through September. All of our Spring races were already cancelled or postponed to late summer/fall due to the COVID19 pandemic and now it is impacting some of those and our summer events too. This is devastating to us and so many of you too. This is certainly frustrating, but we are going to try to stay positive because the restrictions are for the good of the whole society and when we really think about that, we can make these sacrifices.
As we work through the details of the restrictions on our events, we’ll update here for each. Consider this your go-to resource for updates and please check back here to stay informed.
STATUS AS OF: July 1
Because we just got this news yesterday (5/7), we need a little time to work through how we’ll handle each race cancellation. When we have information to share, here’s what we will do:
You can also read this article to understand some of the considerations we have when deciding whether to cancel a race or not.
Bend Trail Series – Rescheduled to September/October. Since some of the races are in September, we expect to have to cancel.
Bristow 24/12 Run – Rescheduled to October 17. We are hoping that since it is now in October that it’ll be allowed.
Elk-Kings Trail Races – Cancelled.
Gnar Gnar – Cancelled.
Lastest Not Fastest – Original date October 10. We are extremely hopeful this event will happen as scheduled.
Mountain Lakes 100 – Cancelled.
Mt Hood Races – Cancelled.
NUT – Cancelled.
Portland Trail Series – Rescheduled. Spring Series is virtual!
Smith Rock Ascent – Already cancelled.
Stumptown Trail Runs – Rescheduled to Labor Day weekend, so we expect to have to cancel. We are working on ways to make the race happen if it is allowed. One hurdle is that Multnomah County would have to be in Phase 2 of Oregon’s COVID phased reopening plan.
Volcanic – Cancelled.
Wood You Rather – Rescheduled to September 27, so we expect to have to cancel. We are working on ways to make the race happen if it is allowed.
Wy’east Wonder – Already cancelled.
The best and preferred way to contact us is via email through our Contact Form. Social media comments, DMs, tweets, and IMs are harder for us to keep on top of given the volume of social accounts we have and the speed that these things get buried by newer.
So, not sure about you, but our summer just opened up. Time to plan some adventure runs and trail work, with 23 or fewer friends!