Each race starts at a different location. The course map is posted here the Monday before each race.
Race #1 is at Swampy Lakes and is 5.3 miles. You’ll notice there are now well-marked trail junction numbers and signs at Swampy! The maps below shows your route and the junction numbers. You are making a clockwise loop.
- Start your watch by the two rocks next to the north end of the parking lot, where the Swampy Dutchman trail ends (across from the pit toilet)
- Head north and then left on Swampy Dutchman for 2.0 miles to Junction #62
- Right on Ridge Loop at Junction #62, go 0.7 miles
- Left on Swampy Loop at Junction #53, go 0.6 miles
- (Stay straight on Swampy Loop through Junction #54)
- Right at Junction #55 toward Swampy Shelter
- Pass the shelter on the north side and pick up the trail again on the other side of the shelter
- Right on Swampy Loop trail at Junction #58, go 1.4 miles
- (Stay straight on Swampy Loop through Junction #59)
- Right toward Sno Park at Junction #61
- Finish line is the map sign board right before the parking lot. Stop your watch here.
If you aren’t familiar with these trails, you may want to print out the turn-by-turn directions and map to bring with you. There is internet at Swampy, but you shouldn’t count on it.