The Northwest Mountain Trail Series is retired. Read about it here. Thank you to everyone who participated and supported the Series!
Every race in the Series is worth up to 100 points, and your score is based on your time compared to the winning time. The winning time for each race is divided by your time and that percentage is then multiplied by 100 to get your score. The winning male and female will each get 100 points.
To compete in the NW Mountain Trail Series, you need to finish at least three of the races.
Example: In the first race, which is 15 miles, the winner, Amy, ran a 1:30:00. Amy’s score for that race would be 100 points. Kelly ran 2:00:00, so her score for that race is calculated by dividing Amy’s time (1:30) by her own time (2:00) and multiplying the result (.75) by 100. The result would be .75 X 100, or 75 points.
The 2016 top three males and females and the top masters finishers will receive sweet products from our sponsors as well as entry into 2017 races:
- 1st Male & Female: Free entry into all 2017 NW Mountain Trail Series races
- 2nd Male & Female: Free entry into three 2017 NW Mountain Trail Series races
- 3rd Male & Female: Free entry into one 2017 NW Mountain Trail Series races
- 1st Male & Female Masters: Free entry into one 2017 NW Mountain Trail Series races
Also, all free entries bypass any lottery.
And we have a post-race raffle after each event.
We’ll award the Series prizes at the conclusion of the Elk-Kings 25K/50K race held at the beautiful Tillamook Forest Center.
- You receive points when you finish a Series race.
- The sum of your points will determine your final score for the Series.
- You must run at least three races to qualify for Series awards.
- If you run more than three races, your final score will use the points from your highest points in three of your races.
- Awards are presented to the top three male and female runners, as well as the top male/female masters (40 and older) runners
- Awards are presented at the final race in the Series.