Since it is not safe to race together, we’re going to run apart. We are turning the Bend Trail Series into a kind of virtual race!
Here’s How It Works
If you are new to Bend Trail Series, take a look at the race home page for more info on how things usually work, for context of the changes below:
- We will publish the route like normal, on Monday, the week of the race.
- You run the route anytime that week. Go to the trail head in the morning, in the afternoon, or in the evening… on any day Monday through Sunday. Preferably not with a big group of fellow racers. Maintain social distance and wear a mask when passing or running near other trail users.
- Run the published route. It won’t be marked, so be sure you know it before heading out. You have to run the actual course.
- Record your run and submit your results link right after your run. You will have to use Strava or Garmin Connect for this race, we cannot accept manual entries, as we need to verify your submission.
- Results must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday to count. If you forget, that race won’t count toward your Series standings calculation. Just like usual, you need to complete at least three of the four races to be considered for the Series awards.
- The regular scoring rules apply and you’ll earn points based on your time. Yes, we understand that this is exactly fair since you aren’t running with the other racers at the same time, but it is what we have to work with. We hope to keep this race somewhat competitive, given the circumstances. You can image a person ahead of you who you’re trying to catch or that someone is closing the gap behind you and you gotta push harder. Visualize your finish! Or, imagine you’re running and chatting and laughing with your friends and you couldn’t care less about where you are in the standings – that works too! But for those gunning for the podium, push yourself!
- Results for each race are published the following Monday. This way, the competitive folks can’t wait to see what their competition has run and then try to go beat it.
- We’ll use this process for all four races.
- We’ll have a safe way to get the awards and prizes to you after the Series is complete. Ideally, we can find a way to get together, but it likely won’t be the usual party at 10 Barrel.
Sharing Strava Activities
- From your mobile device, select an activity you’d like to share.
- Click the share icon in your feed or activity view. or
- If you’ve attached photos to your activity, you will be prompted to select what you’d like to share (choose the map so we can verify the route). If you don’t have any photos uploaded to your activity, you will be able to share the map image.
- Next, choose where you’d like to share this activity. Select the MORE option and then select to COPY the link. You can then paste the link at the above Results Submission or via text to the timer.